Monday, 8 August 2011

Personal Narrative

As part of my Internet assignment, I want to use this blog to pass on a key message to parents of today.  The photograph I have used as my visual representation in my previous post means a lot to me.  I had spent wonderful moments with the child and had created a strong bonding between us. I loved to spend my free time with her forgetting the outer world full of responsibilities, stress and work.  I also liked to teach her new and good things in life as if I am bringing up my own child.  I could see her as a little daughter or sister to me to whom I was ready to give all my love and attention.  She was very cute and innocent but always had a sad look on her face. She would come running to me as soon as I would call out her name and hug me tight and kiss me.   Sometimes she would just fall asleep in my arms while I would narrate her a little story and would always refuse to sleep on the mattress pulling my sleeves tightly.  This child badly needed the love of both her parents but unfortunately she could not get it.  Due to her family breakdown, she was separated from her father whom she always claimed to love the most.  Though in the custody of the mother, her father could only see her under the authority of the mother.  There are no words to describe that short moment she would spend with her father.  She always missed him and would always cry a lot while leaving him.  Sometimes she would not even want to return back to her mother.  Her tender mind could not understand why her parents were no more together.  Who could explain a two year old kid what is divorce?  Even I would go speechless every time she would ask me that question. Then I realized to what extent a child could be affected by the separation of their parents.   I pitied her for her situation and really wished I could do something to make her happy but it is beyond my control.   Deeply touched by this incident, I decided to share it on my blog and hence I would like to make a prayer to all parents of today to take the responsibility of solving their marital problems between them and not make their children the victims of their punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment