Sunday, 14 August 2011

Public Voice

This blog is for parents and has information and advice about family relationship issues.Throughout my communication course and my own experience in life, I have drawn out a conclusion that communication plays a major role into our daily lives be it with friends, workers, teachers or family. Today I find it vital for parents to communicate efficiently with their kids on a regularly basis before it gets too late.








Managing Conflict


Conflict can occur when opposing points of view come head to head.  Although conflict is a normal part in relationships it can either escalates and becomes destructive or can be solved among partners if handled well.


At this point in relationships, it is the children who suffer the most.   Divorce and separation introduces dramatic changes in the lives' of children.


Impact of divorce on children


First of all, divorce is always stressful for children.  Most children do not want their parents to separate.  Divorce can also strain parent-children relationships, leading to lost of contact with one parent, creating economic hardships and increasing conflicts between parents.






It also increases the risk that children will suffer from psychological and behavioural problems.  Troubled children are particularly likely to develop problems with anger, disobedience and rule violations.  School achievement also can suffer.  other children become sad for prolonged periods of time.  They may become depressed, anxious, or become perhaps overly responsible kids who end up caring for their parents.  


(Robert E. Emery, PH.D)


Hardships, Stress and Ongoing worries


Hence it becomes a difficult situation for the parents to tackle with their children.


"The basic challenge is that parents very often speak without understanding how their children receive the message," says Michael Thompson, PH.D., co-author of Raising Cain.






Talking and listening to children does lots of important things. It improves your bond with them, and encourages them to listen to you. It helps them to form relationships and to build self-esteem. 


Children need constant assistance in learning how to identify, express and manage their feelings, needs and ideas in an appropriate way.


Talking can help your children deal with the difficult emotions and fears that she might be feeling.  Whenever your child is ready to talk, actively listening to her thoughts about the situation can help you work out how best to comfort her.


If a child might find it difficult to talk to you about the separation, he might be able to talk to another trusted grown-up.


Your child can learn from the way you and your partner manage the challenges of the separation.  If you can manage it well, she can learn good lessons about solving problems and sorting out conflict.  These are great life skills that can boost her self-esteem and resilience.
Watch video






2 comments:

  1. Gud wrk Bhav..
    Kip it up.:)
    Me gro like to blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment Girish! I am pleased that you like my blog! Basically, the idea behind this blog was just to share the experience I have in dealing with little kids. If you read through my first blog posts, you will notice that these little creatures help me to escape reality by taking me into their own world, through the messages that they pass as well as through their mischief and innocence. I can say that by being with them, I really feel like a child that refuses to grow up as well. My choice for the topic has also been triggered by the fact that I spent (and still spend) most of my time being with these kids of different age groups through which I have learnt to understand and to grow up with them, and not to forget the fact that I love helping my mum in her kindergarten. I now see life and its different challenges through the eyes of these little ones and this gives me the courage and strength I need to face it. I can say with much eagerness that I have achieved inner happiness just by helping them and being with them.

    ReplyDelete